Sunday, May 12, 2013

Remembering

I remember school.
I remember the long days
And even longer weeks.
I remember the short weekends.
I remember the short teachers.
Teachers that loved me.
Teachers that I loved.
Teachers that I hated.
I remember the people.
I remember their different faces,
Their different voices,
Their different attitudes
And judgements.

I remember the books
The stories
The pictures.
I remember the days when she and I would come up with something ridiculous
And take it further than needed.
I remember the notebooks
And the plots
And the characters.
I remember the notes
And laughter.
I remember the ugly gossip,
The even uglier truth.
I remember happy times
And sad times
And the hard times.

I remember the trips.
I remember hours in the car.
I remember the heat of the sun on my face when I fell asleep.
I remember the music
The food
The jokes
The fights.
I remember the destinations.
I remember Disneyland.
I remember the buzz of excitement
And the thrill of surprises.
I remember going south.
I remember the friends,
The summer feel.

I will remember you.
I will remember the happiness,
The utter joy.
I will remember the words.
I will remember the hours.
I will remember dancing.
I will remember your touch.
I will remember your heart.

I will remember that night.
I will remember your smell.
I will remember the look of the sun on your face.
I remember lots of faces.
But I like your face best.
I will remember the feel of paper on my fingertips
Shaking, unsure.
I will remember the feeling of my heart pounding on my chest.
I will remember feeling the anticipation.
I will remember you.






--P.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment