Sunday, February 3, 2013

Alive




Pinned Image
These trees live, the sun shines, and the air is tangible. Take it as proof of life.
I hate theoretical questions because they make my brain think in ways I prefer not. It's a scary thing to think that I'm not alive and that this is all just pretend. Pretend that sometimes isn't very fun. But let's face it. This is real and we're alive. I can feel, you can feel, we all can feel. We feel our hearts race, we feel the cold floor in the morning, we feel the bitterness of disappointment. Can't you take that as enough proof? What else do you need?

 Some nights it is easier to just make believe that this is all just a dream, but where would the world be if it was only full of make believe and pretending? There would be no progression, no improvement. We need to accept the lives we live and make them ours. 

--P.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment