Monday, April 7, 2014

Clear



Don't worry your precious head none.
I'm here.
You're here.
Here we can stay for a little while
and relish the tastes in our mouths of the words exchanged
and the thoughts laid out on the table for consumption.

We'll live each moment like our last,
and when we are in the future we'll be happy that this is our past.
We'll be happy.
So don't fret,
I'm here
and I'm not going anywhere.

You're going somewhere though.
That's why I fret.
Except I don't.
Because it will all be
okay.
It will all be
okay.
In fact, it will be better than
okay.

Just wait and see.

See the sky?
It's blue,
and there are stars out there.
You can't see them right now,
but they're there.
I promise.

Sometimes I want to tell you that it will be like that.
You can't always see me,
but
I promise I'm there.
You won't always see me,
but
I promise I will be there.
Just like the stars.
Or the sun.
Because sometimes
you can't see the sun,
just the reflection of its light on the moon.


Maybe I'm the moon,
reflecting the
light you give me.
Maybe I'm the stars.
Maybe I'm just the air you breathe in.
Constant and essential.
Because you are: constant and essential.
You are lots of things to me.
And someday you will understand and I will understand and it will all be clear.





--P.A.

1 comment: