Sunday, January 19, 2014

2013

I suppose I should do a new years post. Like everyone else in the world. I guess. Whatever.

Actually.... I really like new years posts. Kind of a lot. And I'm sorry if they're over-done and stuff, but I don't really care. Get over yourself.

2013 was a huge year for me. In fact, it really doesn't seem like all that happened could fit into one year.
Because I like lists, I'll go ahead and make one about everything that happened. Woohoo!

1. I started this blog. I don't want to sound cliche and say that it's been life changing, so I'll just say it's been mind changing.
2. NEW YORK. Yeah. It happened. I went. The sub-categories in this would include: singing in Carnegie Hall, flying on a plane for the first time, kissing on the top of the Empire State building (eh, kinda regret, but hey, it's an experience), attending my first two Broadway productions, visiting ground zero of the World Trade Center and the memorial and museum set up there, riding a subway for the first time and not dying, getting hit on by several guys in the street, and many more adventures. :)
3. Practicing and slaving over a competition monologue for the Shakespeare festival. It was one of the most amazing pieces I've ever done, and I will never regret my interpretation of it, nor the way I performed down at the competition.
4. I was one of the senior members of the cast of Les Miserables at Lone Peak, and it was one of the most amazing experiences, and hardest, I've ever had.
5. I got to compete with a musical theater piece at the region and state drama competitions, and took 1st in every single round.
6. I became best friends with one of the most amazing guys I will ever know.
7. I watched someone get stitches. Seriously, super traumatic.
8. I graduated from High School. I didn't end on the note I once thought I would, but I will always hold my memories of Lone Peak and the experiences and accomplishments I had there as some of the most important in my whole life.
9. Thanks to the urging and pushing of my best friend and my Mom, I got accepted to BYU and began attending there in the Fall. I moved out on my own, got a job, and made it through my first semester without killing myself or anyone else. It was close a few times, but somehow I made it.
10. Swore off men time and time again, but alas, I fell prey to their devices more than I would have liked. However, I don't regret most of it. I learned a lot and feel like I'm more mature, and more able to handle things because of my positive and negative experiences.
11. Got the travel bug. AAAhhhhh. I need to get out. It's been bad. I've planned my getting-away so many times I've lost count. Hopefully I go somewhere this year, but you know, if I can just get at least as far as out of the state of Utah I might be satisfied.
12. I decided I can write well, and that someday, I might even be able to have a work of mine published. It's a work in progress, but I am determined that some day, it will happen.

There are many more things I could list, this year has seemed so eventful, but I'm going to stop because you're probably already skimming through.

My goals for this next year...haha. Well... I really am kind of unsure what goals to make. I do have a few I suppose.

1. Be more considerate of others feelings in the moment.
2. Travel (already a given. Number of trips to be concluded at a later date.)
3. Make sure my family and friends know how much they mean to me.
4. Read 4 completely new books by the end of the summer.
5. Get a camera and take more pictures.

Only 5, but whatever. I think I got discouraged in the middle of writing all of this, so I'm less motivated to finish it well. Maybe I will come back later and make this something worth reading. Probably not.
Here are some pictures to inspire you, since my words are probably not really doing so. :)

















--P.A.

No comments:

Post a Comment